Why Exercise Can Improve Your Skin
Daily exercise is great for your health & figure. But did you know that it's also great for your skin?
Increase in Blood Flow
- Blood carries oxygen and nutrients to the skin. The greater the flow the greater the nourishment for your skin.
- Blood also carries waste away from your skin. More flow means less waste products and toxins on your skin.
Ease of Stress
- The sebaceous glands are influenced by stress leading to an increase in skin oil production. More oil means more acne. Reducing stress can prevent acne and/or eczema.
- Stress can also add more wrinkles. Exercise will keep you looking young.
Benefits of Sweat
- Exercise will cause your pores to open and let out sweat as a cooling mechanism. This will allow all trapped impurities like dirt and oil to be released.
- Sweat also hydrates and exfoliates your skin while reducing inflammation.
- Collagen is the basic building block for skin and production slows down as you age leading to wrinkles. Exercise will help keep up the collagen production to prevent any wrinkles or sagging of the skin.
- Gives you a more toned and tighter skin.